[QuadList] VPR-80 and VPR-6 - Similar?

Steve Burgess saburgess at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 12 02:55:35 CDT 2013

Hi listers (and welcome Fred)

I have a VPR-80 and TBC-40 (Pal).  I'm thinking of buying a VPR-6 and TBC-6 (again, Pal) as a source of spares.

The former came with a full set of manuals, but the latter doesn't - so the plan is still to restore the VPR-80 rather than the VPR-6 (which I know is supposed to be a better model - and may be in better condition).

I'm assuming these models (made around the same time) have much in common, eg heads, power supply, deck parts and otherwise hard-to-source components, mechanical bits, etc.

Anyone with maintenance experience of both VPR-80s and VPR-6s who can confirm, or warn me of differences in those areas of the VPR-6 a restoration job will likely involve plundering?

Cheers

Steve