[QuadList] NOW!- Broadcast Engineering to cease Some Notes and Publication bound and other

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Oct 27 13:38:55 CDT 2013

Notes and Nods  from the archivist's  desk -

As  a young person  I would live to fill out   reader  service cards...
from many  technical publications...
My distraught mother  used  to  gripe about  triaging   a 2 foot stack of
mail some  days that   would arrive  at the house  some times day after
day...  Heh!

Some of  the demise of  printed publications is the  Internet...   no
longer  do we have to mail away  to get  information like  we  did  in the days
of the read  service  cards....

No longer  do we have to make as many long distance calls    for  info.....
  email... so  quick... so easy...

Writing a letter on paper!?  I have not  done that in   ages.

Commenting on _NewBay Media_ (http://www.newbaymedia.com/) ... seems  like
they  have some many pubs they are tripping over them selves.... expect to
see  this  thin  out  some.

TV Technology is  one of my favorites  we archive printed   copies of those
too at the  museum.

One of  my Wireless technology mags  just  went into the  NON  print
domain...  available only electronically now...

EXTRA MAGS -  TRADE OR?
=========================

One of the GRAND OLE MAGS  was  McGraw Hill's   ELECTRONICS   we have a
wonderful bound set of them  at the museum. we  are also  going to have some
spare  bound  issues   for  trade that are  duplicate

Have Duplicate Bound  BSTJs   ( Bell System Technical  Journals)  BOUND
wide cross section of  dates plus and extra   full bound  set.  also  have
loose  separate  issues that  are  duplicate.

Have  Duplicate  RCA REVIEW ...  some  extras   are  bound  some are  loose

Have extra  RCA BROADCAST NEWS  various issues and  quite  a  few  extra.

will have  some  extra  RADIO NEWS (  from the  20s  forward)

will have  some duplicate loose and bound  early    FORTUNE MAGAZINE ( a
great insight into the time America  was on  top of it all)

There  you  go for  folks that love it on paper  this  stuff is  amazing!

Ed Sharpe archivist  for SMECC

In a message dated 10/27/2013 10:41:16 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,