[QuadList] Fw: [AMIA-L] IVC 9000 4 ips

Videomagnetics vmi at csprings.com
Tue Sep 3 10:12:33 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Tina Harvey
To: AMIA-L at LSV.UKY.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:19 AM
Subject: [AMIA-L] IVC 9000 4 ips

Library and Archives Canada has a collection of IVC 9000 4 ips tapes (approximately 7,000 hours on 2,000 tapes).  Although we have a playback machine and spare heads, we no longer have internal capacity to maintain/repair the equipment.

We are now investigating two options:

1)      Finding someone to repair our equipment; and/or,

2)      Finding a private lab that has playback capacity so the material can be digitized.

We are exploring the availability of these services before deciding whether to go through a formal tendering process to put contracts in place for one or both of these options.  This email and any follow-up communication does not constitute a commitment to contract for these services.

Thank you,

Tina Harvey

Gestionnaire, Section audiovisuelle | Manager, Audiovisual Section
Division de la préservation et migration numérique | Preservation and Digital Migration Division

Direction de la préservation de la collection | Stewardship Branch
Bibliothèque et Archives Canada | Library and Archives Canada
625, boul. du Carrefour, Gatineau QC
Canada K1A 0N4
Courriel / E-mail: tinalouise.harvey at bac-lac.gc.ca
Téléphone / Telephone 613-899-2561
Télécopieur / Facsimile 819-953-0070
Government du Canada / Government of Canada
www.collectionscanada.gc.ca