[QuadList] Fw: Ampex Mark Ten High-Efficiency Video Head UntestedforParts/Repair

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:32:39 CDT 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: Don Norwood
To: Quad List
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [QuadList] Ampex Mark Ten High-Efficiency Video Head UntestedforParts/Repair

Hi Tony:

We have an original VR-1100 for demonstration purposes as well as some of the Mk X ball bearing head assemblies for the machine.  All of the heads still have good bearings, and seem to have held up much better than the bearings in the Mk XI heads for the VR-3000.  This particular head looks very used though, so I wouldn't bet on the condition of any parts of it.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com