Message size--Limited to 1MB--Please ensure your photos/files don't push the limit--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Aug 23 18:28:05 CDT 2014

Howdy from California,

Hope your Saturday (or Sunday for our Aus/NZ folks) is going well.

We've had a couple of messages lately that got held for moderator inspection because they were just a bit too big to sail through on their own.

Message size is limited to 1MB including text, headers and attachments so that some readers with small mailboxes don't get swamped, or bounces cause a QuadList unsubscribe.

IF your message gets held, you should get an e-mail from the QuadList server advising that A: It's being held, B: It's too big (and by how much) and C: That you can either wait for the moderator to do something, or cancel the message  (and try reducing the size.)

PLEASE check the size of your messages with attachments to avoid a holdup in your post.

I do try to check the held messages, but we get a lot of spam "attempted posts by a non-member" that also require a look and your message may either get buried or not seen if I'm not able to check that function often.

The pictures that pass through the QuadList are of interest. Help them post without delay by keeping the total message size under 1MB.

Thanks, and keep posting!

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com