[QuadList] Two Inch Quad Stereo Recording--NBC Burbank--PCM Audio at NBC-NY

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 21:15:59 CDT 2014

		On Aug 21, 2014, at 9:44 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:

> Burbank's NEC router first went to Moscow (from the factory I think) for the Olympics. Then it was taken apart and shipped to Burbank and installed. It had four audio channels (?) for each video channel. At the time it was the world's largest router, only to be later beaten out by NASA's IIRC.

		I add:

	BTW, NBC-NY currently has two Master Grids, both digital, both HD-capable and can handle up to 16 audio channels for each video input (HD-SDI).  Each has at least 10 times the number of crosspoints of the original one from 1974  (The original was 100x320).  This does not include the smaller routers in each control room.

					    NBC Today Show, New York