[QuadList] A New Contest--An answer--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Dec 18 02:15:47 CST 2014

How about February, 1972, six months before the ad pictured ran in the July 27, 1972 issue of Broadcasting magazine (and likely other publications.)

We mentioned the new service in a May 18, 2014 post about used VR-1200 prices in 1979 and provided a link to a B

The topic came up again in September when David Crosthwait provided links to RCA patents regarding a new head material.

Does anyone on the list have any RCA refurbished Ampex Mark X heads with "Alfecon II"

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com