[QuadList] Reviving the Lenticular Kinescope Thread--Additional resources-Info

Richard Wirth hrwirth at verizon.net
Wed Jan 1 02:03:23 CST 2014

Thanks!

The thread had some interesting information.

In addition, Ben Model (curator of the Kovacs and Edie Adams DVD collections) responded on Nitrateville:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:07 pm

The color "Silent Show" seen on the DVD is the restoration done by UCLA Film & TV in 2000, which was done after the NBC show from 1976. I do not know specs on this, but I would imagine that (digital) technology available in 1999-2000 surpasses whatever was around in 1976. The color kine does have sound, but Edie's B&W kine was accessed by UCLA for its audio, presumably because of better quality. One can only imagine what this could look and sound like if done again now with 2014 digital tech, with a 2K or HD scan of the color and a digitally-cleaned-up audio from the Ediad kine…

Richard