[QuadList] Welcome back to some AOL subscribers--Excessive Bounces caused unsubscribes

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Jan 10 23:45:35 CST 2014

Welcome back to most of our AOL folks

Nicole Cross
Chris Hill
Ed Sharpe
Dave Satin
George Keller
George Miller
Kyle Bookholz
Mike Bitetti
Harold W. Deppe, Jr and
Don Murray.

At 12:47:08 -0500 on Jan. 2, they were unsubscribed by the list software after excessive bounces... the mailing list version of a feedback loop.

The message that triggered the bounces for these 10 members was

Don Norwood's reply "Dave: It's a tip projection gauge for Ampex Type-C Machines" to Dave Sieg's "Not sure if this is for quad head alignment or ???

Have no idea why AOL's servers didn't like that :)

Or why that message didn't make it into my e-mail box. It does show up in the QuadList Archives.

Due to the amount of spam that the list address has been getting, and which triggers bounce advisories  that are directed to the list management address... notice of the problem was buried among several thousand other "bounce action notification" subject lines.

When a couple of members tried to reactivate, there were problems with unrecognized strings.

In checking the list config I noticed that John Miller in Australia also had been unsubscribed due to bounces. Not sure when that happened.

We manually restored their subscriptions just a few minutes ago, and hope this messages gets through to them.

Meantime, our restored AOL members didn't miss much. The list has been either sitting in black or with the plates off for since Chris Hill's post: AMPEX VR2000 AUDIO HEAD ASSEMBLY NOS

We've had a number of new subscribers added in the last several months. There are 160 members receiving these posts.

Cheers from a (relative to stereotype) chilly Northern California.

Looking forward to a few warmer days Sunday and Monday in Phoenix and Tuesday, Wednesday and possibly some of Thursday in the LA area.

Hope you are staying warm.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com