[QuadList] WRC B/W to Color Quad tape

Charles Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Jan 20 19:37:11 CST 2014

Hi Don,

Yes, the EE test looks good. Examining a tape from 1962 Burbank and one from 1966 TV City showed excellent reproduction in LBC. I bet you are right that the tapes I looked at earlier were dubs.

One thing I noticed was the announcers were lip syncing to their voice track. Since wireless mics aren't in common use then (wasn't Vega one of the first), in order to get good audio on a very wide shot, the audio was recorded in advance. Perfect sound no matter where the announcer went.

And I love that TK-41 look.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward