DMARC caused Bounces and unsubscribes--News--Pin Ed Sharpe and Chris Hill

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jul 8 18:56:10 CDT 2014

Greetings with what I hope is good news.

Been finally able to attend to some QuadList housekeeping.

Mailman has been updated to Version 2.1.18-1, which includes some tools for addressing the DMARC unsubscribes some QuadList members have experienced if posting/subscribed from AOL, Yahoo and Yahoo managed addresses, Microsoft LIVE and a couple of other providers.

Here's what's expected to happen:

Action to take when anyone posts to the list from a domain with a DMARC Reject/Quarantine Policy:

Just wrap the message in an outer message with the From: header containing the list's posting address and with the original From: address added to the addresses in the original Reply-To: header and with Content-Type: message/rfc822. This is effectively a one message MIME format digest.

So, we'll see how that works when folks like Chris Hill and Ed Sharpe post.

I hope it will end the unsubscribes that resulted most recently on June 26 from a message Chris posted about an RCA TRT headwheel panel on ebay, and on June 30, when Ed posted about KQED's Beaux Arts Manor.

I have re-subscribed members who had not done so themselves, so they should see this message.

ED and CHRIS:  Please post something!  Let's see what happens!

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Web:	www.quadvideotapegroup.com
FB:		www.facebook.com/QuadVideotapeGroup

First QuadVideotape Group Dinner at SAA, 7pm, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, Washington, DC

Seventh Annual Quad Videotape Group Dinner at AMIA:  7pm, Tuesday, October 7. 2014, Savannah, Georgia
Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:  12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015, Las Vegas Convention Center