[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 71, Issue 3

mike at bolandcom.com mike at bolandcom.com
Sat May 3 12:59:15 CDT 2014

Does look like a proto.  This camera is much wider and longer than a TK-41,
 but with vent intake holes, tally lamps alongside the turret, and the profile of
 the tube VF of the '41 (but lacking vent louvers?).  Like the early '41s, the
 cam shown is using three monochrome cam cables (were they 28 or 30 pins?),
 not the 81 pin connector, that cameras (at least at NBC, as an in-house
 conversion?) later used.

 But fitted with a 3:1 zoom, of all things!  (Varitrol? -anyone remember?)

 I hope, like Ted observed, that there were springs in the head.  Elsewise,
 tilt very fwd or back and the cam and cameraman would be doing a
 summersault off the top of that scaffold !!

(I think I read that the TK-40 itself was really a proto, with perhaps only
as few as three serial numbers produced)

(RCA MI-12345?  We used to think that stood for Missing Item)

Thanks!

mike

mike at bolandcom.com
www.bolandcom.com