[QuadList] Dolby Question

Bryan Olding nomad at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 9 17:13:04 CDT 2014

Hi Don, Scott,

A few years ago I queried a Dolby rep who was visiting my employer and he
was able to retrieve the service manual for the Cat234 card which is the
Sony BVH2K adaptor (if you will) for the Cat225 Dolby processor cards. I
sent him a picture of my cards and his colleague in London had this to say
at the time:

"Cat225 is the low power version of the Cat55 A-type module (itself the IC
version of a Cat22). The Cat225 was used mainly in video applications (in
the audio chain) where here it is fitted on a Cat234, which is a 2 CHANNEL
NR SYSTEM for a SONY BVH2K machine.

The Cat225 itself has no adjustments, the Cat234 itself has all the
alignment pots documented in the Cat234 manual."

Since the Cat234 replaces the Sony AU-27 in slot 1 of the BVH2K almost all
audio channels 1 & 2 related adjustments are on this card, with, I think,
bias being an exception. If anyone has need of the manual feel free to
contact me and I'll forward it on.

Regards, Bryan
Akl, NZ.