[QuadList] Capstan questions

chill315 at aol.com chill315 at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 10:49:21 CDT 2014

Interesting thoughts.

First this was a record function to make black time coded tapes for editing.  This was with the same house sync and house time code generator.  Thus all are running to house references.  At 15 inches per second 32 minutes gives approximately 28,800 inches of tape.  When two machines went for different lights of time it got me interested.

The playback showed different capstan error so thus the only thing I can come up with is a slight difference in the diameter of the shaft.

Chris Hill