[QuadList] Question from George Miller

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 11:52:13 CST 2015

		On Dec 10, 2015, at 7:16 PM, GEORGE MILLER wrote:

> I have many videocassettes I recorded years ago from over-the-air tv broadcasts,
> long before I had the advantage of the pristine picture that cable delivers.
>
> Unfortuneately, many of my recordings are marred by vertical herringbone patterns
> and occasional RF interference.
>
> Does anyone know if there is any computer software available to eliminate such video flaws?
> Thanks everyone.

		I say:

	Over-the-air recordings have those artifacts recorded in; they are part of the recording and cannot be easily removed.  Over-the-air herringbone IS RF interference.  The only way to deal with RF interference is to filter it before recording takes place.  Once the herringbone is recorded onto the tape, it’s part of the recorded video and cannot be separated from the quality video you want.  I am not aware of any software that can fix this either.  Sorry.

					    NBC Today Show, New York