N. Calif. folks note--Library of Congress' James Snyder at SF SMPTE- Feb. 19 @ SF State U.

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Feb 3 10:42:56 CST 2015

February 19, 2015, at 6pm, the SMPTE San Francisco Section hosts Quad Videotape Group Member and Library of Congress Senior Systems Administrator James Snyder for a "Deep Dive" into media preservation.

Last year, Snyder presented an overview of his operation at the Library of Congress.

James returns to give us more details on the herculean task they face in restoring and preserving video, audio and photographic materials.

This month we will be the guests of San Francisco State University’s Broadcast and Electronics Communication Arts Department.  The meeting is in Studio 1, inside the Creative Arts building.

Register at: https://smptefebruary2015.eventbrite.com

Reception	6:00 PM
Meeting		7:00 PM

Refreshments will be provided.

Although parking is available on streets around the campus, it is recommended that attendees park on campus in the indicated parking structure.  All parking on campus is patrolled 24/7 and costs $4.00 for two hours, $7.00 for the day that ends at midnight.

To get directly to the parking garage, if using a GPS system, type in State Drive as the destination address on your GPS.  Details on the registration page at Eventbrite.

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us Moving Image Tool and Technology Store
iPhone: 	(530) 301-2931 (Preferred)
Office:	(530) 741-1212
ted at flashscan8.us
Skype: 	TedLangdell

See us at NAB 2015, April 13-16, Lower South Hall Booth SL14813.
Click here for Free exhibit registration with our Guest Pass Code: LV3545.