N. Calif. QVTG members Note--Library of Congress' James Snyder at SF SMPTE- Feb. 19 @ SF State U.

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Feb 15 18:06:11 CST 2015

Northern California folks note:

A number of Quad Videotape Group members are planning to attend this SMPTE SF Section meeting, Thursday, Feb. 19.  (Details below)

Several of us have set up some business in San Francisco to coincide with the date.

We'll gather at 6pm when the reception starts.

I'll have the QuadReel as a "location marker" in the reception area.

Let me know ON-list whether you're attending, as it may encourage others to attend the meeting... and pass the word to colleagues and friends who might want to attend.

We have a number of QuadList members in the Bay Area and Northern California including:
John Pommon, Antique Video, San Francisco
Keith Graham, SMPTE Section Chair, San Francisco/San Jose
Glen Pensinger, SMPTE Board of Editors' Chair, San Francisco/San Jose
Norman Gillaspie, CEO, Transparent Video, San Carlos
Bill Carpenter, SF Bay Area and Sierra Foothills, former Ampex engineer-sales rep
Ken Zin, Magalia, CA and LOIRP Project, Mountain View, CA
Tim Vitale, Emeryville, CA
Dennis Wingo, Skycorp, Inc., Huntsville, Alabama and LOIRP Project, Mountain View, CA
Randy Hall, Grass Valley, K7AGE
Ted Langdell, Secretary, Quad Videotape Group, CEO, flashscan8.us, Marysville,  CA

Park Seward says he may make the trip from near Grants Pass, Oregon to attend. (Farthest attendee travel award?)

Ted Langdell

Meeting Details:

February 19, 2015, at 6pm, the SMPTE San Francisco Section hosts Quad Videotape Group Member and Library of Congress Senior Systems Administrator James Snyder for a "Deep Dive" into media preservation.

Last year, Snyder presented an overview of his operation at the Library of Congress.

James returns to give us more details on the herculean task they face in restoring and preserving video, audio and photographic materials.

This month we will be the guests of San Francisco State University’s Broadcast and Electronics Communication Arts Department.  The meeting is in Studio 1, inside the Creative Arts building.

Register at: https://smptefebruary2015.eventbrite.com

Reception	6:00 PM
Meeting		7:00 PM

Refreshments will be provided.

Although parking is available on streets around the campus, it is recommended that attendees park on campus in the indicated parking structure.  All parking on campus is patrolled 24/7 and costs $4.00 for two hours, $7.00 for the day that ends at midnight.

To get directly to the parking garage, if using a GPS system, type in State Drive as the destination address on your GPS.  Details on the registration page at Eventbrite.

Also mark your calendars for:

Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:
12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015,
Las Vegas Convention Center

Watch the list for location info.

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us Moving Image Tool and Technology Store
iPhone: 	(530) 301-2931 (Preferred)
Office:	(530) 741-1212
ted at flashscan8.us
Skype: 	TedLangdell

See us at NAB 2015, April 13-16, Lower South Hall Booth SL14813.
Click here for Free exhibit registration with our Guest Pass Code: LV3545.