Last call for manuals?

Dave Sieg dave at zfx.com
Fri Mar 6 14:04:16 CST 2015

This is tangentially quad-related, since it takes lots of test equipment to
keep quads working.
Though this may sound like a commercial plug, it is rather an appeal to not
let valuable tech info disappear forever!

I recently bought a manual for an obscure piece of "vintage" test equipment
off ebay from manuals-plus.  The young lady that helped me, Becky,
mentioned that I'd better get any manuals I might need soon because *they
are closing down at the end of this month*.

I have used this company to get hard to find original copies of manuals for
many pieces of test equipment.  They pride themselves in having original
official manuals, not cruddy xeroxes.
If you have any older test gear for which you lack the manuals, please
check out their online database search before all these go into the recycle
truck (they have literally hundreds of thousands of rare irreplaceable last
of their kind manuals!)

If, like me, you have spent countless hours with multiple manuals and
multiple multi-page schematics stretched out on your scope top, you know
how nice it is to have the real paper manual, instead of trying to trace a
line on a poorly scanned pdf file across multiple screens!

I realize this sounds like a shameless plug, but I hate to see this wealth
of priceless information most of which has never been digitized go into
some landfill!
http://www.manualsplus.com/
Please let some of the other lists know about this too!

--
Dave Sieg
www.zfx.com