[QuadList] Cleaning Up--NBC's Long Island Laundry--

george keller georgenann at aol.com
Sat Mar 28 20:15:59 CDT 2015

Ted,

Arnie Ferolito started all rehab of Ampex 1200 - 2000 machines by washing all boards with water and "Cascade" and drying them at 124 deg for a day or two.  As part payment he gave me a Tektronix 453 which I cleaned using that method, worked just fine. The only hard part was getting the HV department out and putting it back.  It looked like it was in a coal mine before I started and came out looking like new. I have done this to many pieces of equipment and recommend it highly.

My other favorite method is dunking dirty and greasy stuff in gasoline.  Good thing I don't smoke.

The only cameras I saw around CBS were Norelco's.  Marconi's were only used in the Sullivan studio.

73,

George Keller