Quad is on get TV tonight--Channing and Bailey, Merv Griffin, Judy Garland

Ted Langdell Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Oct 13 02:22:33 CDT 2015

Quad originated programming is airing tonight on Sony's Get TV, which is carried across the country on many .2 and .3 channels.

I happened on the last portion of the Carol Channing/Pearl Bailey program just before it ended.

A little googling brought this link below which explains what's going on.

If I'm not mistaken, The Griffin transfers were done on the DC video AVR-1.

The Griffin show is airing right now Pacific time

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/CAROL-CHANNING-AND-PEARL-BAILEY-ON-BROADWAY-Airs-Tonight-on-GetTV-20151012

 TWEET

Expanding on its commitment to add classic TV series to its vintage movie lineup, Sony Pictures Television Networks' digital broadcast channel GetTV will air CAROL CHANNING AND PEARL BAILEY: ON BROADWAY, tonight at 9/8c ET.

In the show, originally broadcast on ABC in 1969, Carol Channing and Pearl Bailey perform classic show tunes including "Bill Bailey (Won't You Please Come Home)," "The Oldest Established," "Hello, Dolly!" "There Is Nothing like a Dame" and "Elegance." Channing solos on "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" and "If I Were a Rich Man," and impersonates Marlene Dietrich and Carmen Miranda.

In addition, Get TV has acquired all 26 episodes of 1963's "The Judy Garland Show," from World Nation Live Entertainment, bringing the entire series to television for the first time since their original airings.

Every Monday, "The Judy Garland Show" will air at 8PM (ET); various specials will air at 9PM (ET); and the iconic talk show "The Merv Griffin Show'" will air at 10PM (ET). The block will be replayed that same night from 11PM-2AM (ET).

In 1963, "The Judy Garland Show" was a CELEBRATEDentry on CBS' fall schedule, bringing the renowned movie star and all-around entertainer to a weekly series format after several successful variety specials. Garland is seen in both solo performances and performing with guests including Barbra Streisand, Lena Horne, Bobby Darin, Mickey Rooney, Ethel Merman, June Allyson, Tony Bennett, Jack Jones, and daughters Liza Minnelli and Lorna Luft. One of the show's many highlights features Garland delivering a show-stopping rendition of 'Battle Hymn of the Republic' days after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy-the performance, which was intended to help heal the country following the devastating loss, still inspires critics to this day.

Secretary, Quad Videotape Group
Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.