[QuadList] A QuadList look back at 1979--

John M john at jmit.com.au
Sat Sep 19 02:03:21 CDT 2015

Great piece Ted - In '79 at ABCTV in Sydney we had 2 ACR25's - One for News
on air/ production and one for on air spots. We still had 6 VR2000's,all
with Universal colourtec and muti standard. One AVR1 and 4 Avr 2's for
production. Depending on shift loading either a pair of 2000's or AVR2's
were used for on Air.

During bushfire season I remember our news crew rushing in with a Umatic of
footage required  in 20 mins - we dubbed (via TBC) to the AVR1 and edited
down to the ACR with the high tech method of shouting "in" and "out" to the
ACR op to produce a 2 min spot for the 7.00pm news! We were still 85 % film
for news at this stage, with news being swung over to Betacam oxide in 81-82
- one of the first users in OZ

John

John Miller
Rocky River