[QuadList] A QuadList look back at 1979--

John M john at jmit.com.au
Sun Sep 20 03:06:42 CDT 2015

Thanks Ted,
In the 80's, we bought a stack of VPR2's for the Commonwealth Games in
Brisbane in '82, they were then installed in Sydney and Melbourne, with 2
being placed into each booth where previously a single  2000 had been.
Later, the AVR2's were similarly replaced (originally 2 to a booth) with a
pair of BVH2000's. In the mid 80's a dedicated on air suite was established,
with 4 BVH2000's and a 4 transport Betacart. One of the ACR's was sold off
at this stage, I think to NBN3 in Newcastle ( about 100 miles north of
Sydney, in the prosperous Hunter Valley coal mining and power generation
area of Oz). Will try to chase some pics...
John

John Miller
Rocky River
NSW