Vintage AMPEX VR-1200C Very Rare Came from a one owner TV Station

Don Norwood dwnorwood at digitrakcom.com
Tue Sep 22 17:47:15 CDT 2015

Hi Chris

I noticed several things about the machine.  As you indicated, it’s missing the 135 volt power supply.  I also don’t see the editor chassis although it has the Editec control panel.  But most curious to me, given all the other options, it doesn’t have Auto Chroma.  But there is a chassis immediately above Colortec that is totally unfamiliar to me.  It doesn’t look Ampex at all.  What is it?  Could it be an aftermarket autochroma of some type?

Don

Vintage AMPEX VR-1200C Very Rare Came from a one owner TV Station

End Time: Oct 21, 2015, 9:47:38 PM EDT

Looks like one of the power supplies is missing.  But it has every accessory that was needed to make a great machine. I would guess that the power supply might be somewhere in the back room.  If interested, I could go there for a check out as I live about three hours away.

Chris Hill