OT: HPA 2016: Remote Live Production | TvTechnology

Ted Langdell ted at flashscan8.us
Fri Feb 19 19:27:11 CST 2016

Quad list member Park Seward was telling me about a number of sports remote she's been doing lately.

They involve cameras and a small truck on site for video control, but the directing and switching are being done off site.

The signals are sent remotely to Connecticut, while the director is in Charlotte, North Carolina.

that seems to be the trend for a number of sports producers, including leagues like the Pac-12 here on the West Coast.

The topic of IP-based sports production was highlighted at the recent HPA tech event, and reported on by TV Technology'sDebra McAdams:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0002/hpa-2016-remote-live-production/277980

A far cry from the days of old, and not so far back when everything was done on site.

flashscan8.us
ted at flashscan8.us
(530) 301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.