[QuadList] Ampex VR1000 Intersync--No "guards" here

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Mar 8 15:38:58 CST 2016

On Mar 8, 2016, at 1:10 PM, David Crosthwait via QuadList <quadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com> wrote:

> Second attempt to get past Ted's guards...

There are no “guards” here except for a 1MB total message size that sometimes rejects messages with pictures or attachments that  cause the message to be over 1MB in total size.

That’s to keep recipients’ e-mail boxes from suddenly being ballooned.  Less of an issue with desktop computers, but is a potential issue for folks viewing email on cell phones and tablets not connected to WiFi.

If your message is held or rejected, you should get an e-mail from the QuadList Mailman software about the reason, and what you can do.

I know that David’s had problems in the past several years with messages getting through. We were never able to pin-down the reasons despite a number of attempts using different mail addresses and the help of our web host’s support teams.

If you do have multiple problems please let me know off-list so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Quad Videotape Group
iPhone: 	(530) 301-2931
ted at QuadVideotapeGroup.com