AMPEX TBC-900 for the VR-3000B

Don Norwood quadlist at digitrakcom.com
Thu Mar 24 23:00:35 CDT 2016

Trying to find some additional information on the Ampex TBC-900 that was
developed exclusively for the VR-3000B.  In essence, it contained almost all
of the signal system from the AVR-2, so it was far more than a typical TBC.
When used with the VR-3000, RF from each channel was routed to the unit,
bypassing the 3000's internal EQ, switching, demod etc.  All of those
functions were performed in the TBC-900 ahead of the actual TBC function.

If anyone has any information on this unit, I'd very much appreciate it if
you would contact me, either on or off list.

Thanks much!

Don

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.