Did NBC use some form of white lines in the vertical interval for queuing?

Ted Langdell Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Mar 29 12:40:21 CDT 2016

Noted some white sections of the vertical interval blinking on and off at selected times in this clip of the Carson show.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyCarson/videos/10153390545810496/

Wondered if any NBC affiliate or Network alumni could identify the nature and use of this addition to the vertical interval.

I seem to recall someone had mentioned some form of queuing, I can 2Q dots on film.

Hope you all had a happy Easter and are having a wonderful day today.

Secretary, Quad Videotape Group
Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.