[QuadList] Help get a VR-1000B to NAB --Update--Mike Boland donates $1000

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 8 22:25:24 CST 2016

		On Mar 8, 2016, at 8:50 PM, Ed Sharpe wrote:

> How  big is this  thing?  in what  world  does cost $25,000 to bring the machine to the show.  my gut  says thee is something wrong  with this  price. prove me wrong.

		I think:

	Considering the fact that there are multiple racks of equipment and a console, totaling about 1000 pounds, I can believe the shipping of this machine would be high.  Consider also that a lot of the expense is in the insurance needed to protect its estimated value, not the actual shipping cost itself.  It’s not the sort of thing you can box up and drop off at your local FedEx . . .
	That said, I’m sorry to say this but I really think risking damage to this rare and possibly irreplaceable machine makes this venture a bad idea for many reasons.  Other than being able to say ‘we did it!’, this machine should stay in Woonsocket for its own well-being.

					    NBC Today Show, New York