Video: Ampex VR – 1000 #4 plaque dedication at Stanford university library

Ted Langdell Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Oct 31 15:37:36 CDT 2016

This just in from quad list member Keith Graham, chair of the San Francisco SMPTE section:

----

"In June this year the the Silicon Valley y chapter of the IEEE, in conjunction with the San Francisco section of SMPTE unveiled an IEEE Historical Milestone plaque commemorating the 60th anniversary of the launch of the first commercially viable videotape recorder, the Ampex VR1000. The plaque is located at the Green Library at Stanford University where VR1000 #4 is on display.

I am pleased to say that the video of the event, along with reminiscenses from Fred Pfost, the last remaining member of the original development team, and other people with connections to Ampex in those days, was debuted at the SMPTE Annual Tech Conference in Hollywood last week.

The video is now available for viewing on the SMPTE SF YouTube page at this URL:

https://youtu.be/CEgcf6WwVBw

Please feel free to pass on the link to anyone else you feel would enjoy the program."

Keith I. Graham
Consultant - Broadcast and Rich Media

 SMPTE San Francisco Chair

Cell: 408-921-2078
Fax:  408-261-2876
email: keith at graham-associates.tv

------

Secretary, Quad Videotape Group
Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.