CASCOM Effects?

Ted Langdell Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Feb 16 11:27:56 CST 2018

Hi William,

Welcome to the QuadList.

A little googling shows that you are likely headed in the right direction.

The http://www.cascom.com website reports:

"Welcome to CASCOM International, Inc. Our stock footage library encompasses everything from film, computer animation and effects, to archive footage such as newsreel, old movies and other collections.
The film-generated animated graphics in the Select Effects Library are reputed to be some of the finest in the world! Categories of footage include sports, extreme sports, cities and citiscapes, scenery, animals, and much more!

Cascom's stock footage catalog is now available through Blackstone Stock Footage. You can reach Blackstone Stock Footage at 615-731-5310.

This site is managed by Spectrum Research, Inc.

Thanks for visiting CASCOM."

The Blackstone stock footage website appears to be dead. A whois registration check reveals it is now registered from Japan.  No website loaded from the URL.

Markee magazine shows a listing for Blackstone with an email address:

http://markeemagazine.com/wp/guides/stock-footage-guide/

BLACKSTONE STOCK FOOTAGE
615-731-5310
g.clifford at worldnet.att.net

That phone number shows up on a number of other webpages including business listings like yelp and various yellow pages listings. They show an address in Antioch Tennessee.

http://variety411.com/biz/blackstone-stock-footage/3610551/amp/

Spectrum Research is still in business, apparently as a software and software related product development company in Nashville.

It worked with CASCOM  to develop some software shown here:

http://www.spectrum-research.com/V2/projects_5000plus.asp#

Here is a 90 minute CASCOM clip reel from 1990:
https://youtu.be/tj-oegUSaF0

Hope this is helpful.

Secretary, Quad Videotape Group
Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.