[QuadList] [Quadlist] Brief Introduction-Don Norwood

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Aug 3 12:03:18 CDT 2008

Good idea, Ted.

1970 was the first year I was a "paid professional" in television
production. We used 2-inch tape then, but it was on an Ampex 660B, a
helical scan machine.

Next up to restore is an Ampex VR-1200B with Merlin "Untrafurb" mods.
Basically a TBD to replace the Amtec and Colortec as well as other
improvements.

I have three more 1200s I want to fix when time permits. I just finish
restoring three VPR-3s (with the help of Don Norwood) back to factory
specs. Other restored machines include Ampex 440B, MM-1100 and 351
audio decks as well as Gates audio boards and various turntables and
audio cart machines.

I am not an engineer, rather a production person,  but I have picked
up some tips from others much more knowledgeable along the way. I can
repair to the component level but don't give me a switching power
supply!

My web site has some pictures of various jobs I have done.

www.videopark.com

Best,
C. Park Seward