[QuadList] [Quadlist], screening at UCLA and free IBC pass

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Aug 7 00:03:35 CDT 2008

Hi, Steve,

On Jul 25, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Stephen Nease Jr wrote:

> Have fun tonight and I will try to contact you next week.
>
> SWNJR

Hope you're doing well and aren't being hammered by too much to do.

Please e-mail or call when you have time.

I hope the site and list are doing some of the things you'd talked
about in Vegas.

Since I posted the initial UCLA Quad Tape screening notice,  a number
of people have expressed strong interests in seeing Quad recorded
shows presented as UCLA did or made available on DVD

I've received several offers by archivists or facility CE's to host
screenings... (Chicago and NYC.)

Maurice Schecter at DuArt in NYC can host and provide insight about
the technical side of restorations and commentary about the content.

I have some ideas about how taking a show on the road can stimulate
interest in funding preservation and serve as a vehicle for
introducing archivists and others to Quad preservation, perhaps with
operating equipment.

I can e-mail details if you'd like.

----
Are you or anyone from LoC / NAVCC going to IBC?

I've got a coupon for free exhibit passes if you could use one.

Let me know.

How is Ken doing?

Hope to hear from you soon.

209 East 12th Street
Marysville, CA 95901
Main: 	(530) 741-1212
Cell: 	(530) 301-2931

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974

flashscan8.us gentle, realtime flashscan8, flashstransfer 16/35
digital film transfer systems
and other products from the creative engineers at MWA Nova, Berlin.