[QuadList] UK archivist trainer needs Quad tape samples, reels, ACR & TCR cart samples

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Aug 18 11:37:51 CDT 2008

The group is getting some international attention.

I was contacted by a Stephen R. Gray, the Technical Support Officer
Moving Images with TASI (The Technical Advisory Service for Images)
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/index.html  a UK service that provides training
to the Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) communities.

He's trying to find some Quad tape and reel examples, along with
ACR-25 and TCR-100 spot cartridges.

He'll use them in training archivists to recognize what's in their
collections, and have a clue as to what hoops might have to be jumped
through in order to transfer content to digital files.

I've asked Tony Quinn, a UK member of the Old VTR's list and Richard
Wright of the BBC Archives if they could assist or point Stephen to
someone who can in the UK.

If you're able to help or know someone who could, let me know.  I'm
sure that Stephen would arrange for shipping or reimbursement.

Hope you're all off to a good start this week.  Roll Quad 3.

Thanks,

209 East 12th Street
Marysville, CA 95901
Main: 	(530) 741-1212
Cell: 	(530) 301-2931

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974

flashscan8.us gentle, realtime flashscan8, flashstransfer 16/35
digital film transfer systems
and other products from the creative engineers at MWA Nova, Berlin.