[QuadList] LA TV stations with quad and film chains back then

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Sat Aug 16 18:11:21 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 09:59 -0400, DCFWTX at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/15/2008 10:28:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> ted at quadvideotapegroup.com writes:
>         On a slightly different topic... I can likely have loan of a
>         BrightEye BE 90 Cross converter to see what happens when
>         bumping Quad to HD.
>

> The Teranex is the way to go, in my opinion. They have made really
> good equipment over the years.
> http://www.tradeshownews.tv/Teranex/
>
> David

Ted, David,
    I also gut a Teranex VC100 this week as part of the same deal that
got us the Brighteye 92A's. If we act quickly (Both items go into
service soon), we might be able to try both out.

We are in the process, as are most PBS stations, of making our HD feed
our primary channel. To do this, we have lots of SD programming to
upconvert. As part of this project, we are using a VC100 to bump SD
material up to HD at the highest quality possible. After making the
complete HD feed, that is downconverted to SD by the Brighteyes, for a
fre SD-only services we will continue to feed our primary signal to.
Since HD-SD isn't as difficult a conversion, we used the less expensive
Brighteyes. We have the option of using the second (backup) channel of
the VC100 to do the downconversion as well.

I love the purple-lit buttons on the VC-100. I tell people that I am
easily mesmerized by intense blue and violet LEDs.

Tim Stoffel