[QuadList] Introduction: Phillip G. Shaw

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 15:53:08 CDT 2008

Hello Peter,

Were you by chance the RCA engineer in Las Vegas for the Caesars Palace Grand
Prix, with the Quality Video truck? There was an RCA engineer there (I may
even have a snapshot somewhere) of that person, standing by the TR 800's in case
they have "a runaway", as was usual then. I have done games in Denver,
usually with N4 out of Burbank. Sept. 2, 1984 comes to mind (Broncos against the
Bengals).

I don't remember those guys from Quality Video, but they were very nice, and
the TK 47's made great pictures. We ran cable up to the top of the roof of
Caesar's for one camera (mini tv 81 I think).

Later, that truck had BVH 2000's and the TR 800's were gone....

David

In a message dated 8/7/2008 12:22:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pshaw at sitestar.net writes:

> The West Coast (Burbank) used the Vimcas box "Vert interval Stereo".  RCA
> provided Split 70 mil, 2ea 25 mil head for the 10 TCR 100's in NY  (:Real
> Stereo)
>

> Quality Video: I was in Denver (Football) in support of the 800's in that
> Truck... RCA had an Ampex (Slo- mo) like shot box and had messed with the
> servo software to speed up replays, the tape was almost jumping off the
> scanner. The machine was not slow, it was the control box with multiple
> button pushes to do simple stuff. It was a bad idea for Live Football with
> multiple store points & an operational concept for post-production. The shot
> Box was dumped for a simple "store in" & "store out"  "Go to in" "Go to out"
>

> I was later in Vegas upgrading that Truck and getting the tape deck
> normalized. In 1984 Quality Video was the Pool truck for the Political
> Conventions, I was NBC's Broadcast Systems Design Engineer.
>

> Cheers,

<BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )</HTML>