[QuadList] Introduction: Phillip G. Shaw

dcfwtx at aol.com dcfwtx at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 11:00:07 CDT 2008

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the group! Attached is a picture of one of your past
memories.

While working for NBC Burbank, where six TCR 100's operated, along with
TR70A, B, and C's, there were early adaptations of the TCR to Stereo. I
think this would have been about 1985. It actually sounded excellent
on-air! Perhaps you were responsible for those modifications to VTR's
5/7, 6/8, and later 9/11 in the Burbank tape room.
Not too many TCR's anywhere now. The last I saw on air was in a
northern state in 1997. It was one of the only 2" VTR's I do not have
have in the collection.

I operated the TR800 in the Quality Video remote truck in Vegas a
couple of times. Too bad it came out so late in the game. Is it true
that the video scanner had problems that was a the major cause of the
delayed introduction (that was the rumor we heard)?

We look forward to more of your stories, and field service
"nightmares", if any.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video