[QuadList] [oldvtrs] Hmmmm-NAB display

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Aug 13 23:43:01 CDT 2008

> For those who haven't seen it, a small clip from the famous Fred
> Astaire special - in color from 1959.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_NV22rAJc
>
> C. Park Seward

Unfortunately, the text below the clip has misinformation about the
work needed to recover the video from the Quad tapes.

One poster totally ignores the Emmy winning technical work done by Ed
Reitan and Don Kent.  It wasn't "rack the tape and hit play... oh,
wow, look at that color!"

This clip is lifted from LA area video editor Kris Trexler's website
at http://www.ev1.pair.com/colorTV/NBCcolortape.html

Kris has a story to tell about the Edsel show from a link on the same
page (and a clip), and there's the backstory about the CBS Jurassic
Park restoration to be told on Quadvideotapegroup.com, as soon as I
can type it up and post to QVTG.

RE: NAB Display:

I think David's idea about recreating the Kitchen Debate at NAB 2009
with look alikes, his VR-1000 and (if possible) Chuck's restored
TK-41 would be a great thing, and I'll help however I can.

Ted.