[QuadList] [oldvtrs] Hmmmm-NAB display

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 18:31:16 CDT 2008

In a message dated 8/15/2008 3:36:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
BobCampbell at astound.net writes:

> Park,
>
> Great looking piece! I love the peacock. Forgotten how many versions there
> have been over the years. We didn't have a color set at home until much later.
>

> I thought I saw a spec of white dirt towards the end. Probably a 35mm film
> optical negative transfer.
>  Great transfer, very little weave when you have sprockets and claws to
> guide the film. I assume most stations had film chains in 1959 for showing
> movies?
>

> I ran a RCA TK28 and FR35/16 film chain when I first started coloring at a
> film lab in Chicago and we mastered to RCA Quads in the late 1970's.
>

> Cheers,
>  Bob Campbell
>  Colorist

Bob,

While at NBC Burbank, they had "the bird" on 35 MM positive print. Telecine
on the third floor had TK 26's I believe back in the early color days, moving
on to TK 27's (not sure if they ever had them). When I started there in 1979,
they had 28's and maybe a 29. I have one animated peacock on 35 mm stock,
slightly faded. Others I transferred on 2" (HBC) have, at times, looked terrific.

Regarding film chains of the past: At KLTV, we had one lone TK 27. At KERA,
one PE 240 and one PE 245. At KCOP, a TK 26, TK 27, TK 28, and a Cohu. Guess
which of the last four looked the best?

David

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.