[QuadList] Quad Libraries

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 18:12:26 CST 2008

I HAVE A   FEW CRATES OF RELIGIOUS PROGRAMMING ON QUAD/  ED

The December issue of Broadcast Engineering has an article on page 90  about
archiving.  In the article, it refers to "enormous libraries of  quad
videotape will be unplayable in a few years" (due to lack of operating  equipment).

Does anyone have any reliable info regarding how much quad material is  still
out there?  My impression has been that most broadcast stations  have already
disposed of their quad tape.  I wouldn't think there was  much 1" left either.

If no data has been compiled, perhaps a publication such as BE could run  a
survey to help determine how much material is still on the shelves and what
demand really exists for its archival.

Don

Send  QuadList list posts to QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com
Your subscribe,  unsubscribe and digest options are  here:
p.com

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.