[QuadList] Gene Kelley Show color recording system--which wasused?

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Dec 29 10:05:27 CST 2008

Would the reason for heterodyne playback be because the time base
stability was not tight enough and Colortec hadn't been invented yet?

While the TK-41 at the WRC dedication looked great, the tape had
herringbone interference, probably caused by the beat of frequencies
on the early machines. And it may have been heterodyne color. It
certainly wasn't direct.

The "Kitchen Debate" tape looked great, recorded on am Ampex, but the
camera looked poor.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward