[QuadList] OT-IVC 800 and 801 manual parts posted to QVTG.com

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Fri Oct 10 00:10:56 CDT 2008

Welcome to Autumn...

Things have been a bit busy for me this summer, and as a result I am
behind where I'd expected to be in getting material posted to the
QVTG.com website and linked to for your use and enjoyment.

I've been working with a new Kodak i40 two-sided document scanner and
a PC much of today,
scanning the 8.5' x 11" portions of two IVC 1" video recorder manuals
for list members Pat Shevlin and Tim Stoffel.

One is a mostly complete 1970 vintage manual for an IVC 801 PAL unit,
and the other has the Ope and Maint.  sections for 1973 vintage IVC
800/801 series machines.  With a few missing pages in each.

There's also a service manual and parts list for an IVC 4900 remote
control unit.

All are PDF files.

As I said... these are the letter-sized pages. I haven't a scanner
able to take 11" wide paper in long strips, or the prints would be
up, too.

You'll find them at http://www.quadvideotapegroup.com/IVC

If you happen to have IVC technical material, I'm sure that Pat and
Tim (and others on the list) would appreciate any missing pieces.

Particularly for this IVC made Bell and Howell 2920

which has unstable head switching:

The gap you see above varies in number of TV lines as playback
continues,
and is somewhat affected by the tracking control.

Tension adjustment does reduce the hooking, and
the deck will play into a framestore TBC.

Feel free to make an OT-post to the list if you have information or
suggestions.

More to come!

Marysville, CA
Main:   (530) 741-1212

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974