[QuadList] TRT-1 Pictures and How to tell if Color

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 08:46:22 CDT 2009

The picture on the cover of Broadcast News does show the capstan roller
reversed.  It also has an early version of the control panel.  The  Control
panel has two hour counters on it.  There are several knobs missing  that were
on the production version.  The tape path does not show the tape  counter.
The heads were moved around on the pre-production version vs. the  later
production units.

The control panel wiring was changed after the first 40 production units
were made.  I only have the schematics so I have not taken the time to do a
through review for the differences.

The pre-production units in the photos have a lot of items in the tape path
 that was not in the production version.  I cannot tell where the audio
heads are located.  If they are close to the capstan then the displacement
would be non-standard.  Also the pre-production units do not appear to have  a
timer in the tape path.

How do you tell if there is a color rack without the seeing of the  rack?
If the machine had the solid state proc amp, then look to see if the  color
module was installed.  Third module from the left.  This had the  color
burst and phase controls located on it.  The top two knobs are the  record phase
 The left was the course switch.  The right was the  fine.  These were set
in E-E mode.  The center know was the playback  phase.  The bottom two were
the burst and chroma levels.  It was also  two slots wide.  This was a part
of the color kit.

Now how did we keep SCH on this machine?  Just kidding.

Chris Hill
web. Get the Radio Toolbar! (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradi
o/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)