[QuadList] TRT-1 Pictures and How to tell if Color

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:27:12 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chill315 at aol.com>

SNIP
> How do you tell if there is a color rack without the seeing of the  rack?
> If the machine had the solid state proc amp, then look to see if the
> color
> module was installed.  Third module from the left.  This had the  color
> burst and phase controls located on it.  The top two knobs are the  record
> phase
> The left was the course switch.  The right was the  fine.  These were set
> in E-E mode.  The center know was the playback  phase.  The bottom two
> were
> the burst and chroma levels.  It was also  two slots wide.  This was a
> part
> of the color kit.
>
> Now how did we keep SCH on this machine?  Just kidding.
>
> Chris Hill

Chris, excellent suggestion about looking at the proc amp.  That hadn't
occurred to me, although since it wasn't available for about the first year,
I don't think there's a way to tell on the early machines without seeing the
rack.  There were a lot of them retrofitted though, so later photos could be
more definitive.

Don