[QuadList] RCA TRT 1 Color vs Non Color versions

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 10:45:51 CDT 2009

I did some more research.  The first TRTs had a tube type Proc  Amp.  It
appears from the picture that it was a version of the TA-9 Stab  Amp.  This
unit does not have any real color controls.  The only one  is the Chroma level
control.  There were other things that I have  noticed.  Early machines did
not have frame pulses.  They had field  pulses.  This was changed about
1960 when the SMPTE standard was  adopted.  The early modulators had a
different set of frequencies for  color.  Then Low Band color was standardized.  It
has been interesting  to look at the instruction book.  The only thing that
is missing is the  capstan servo. But all the rest is there.  I see the
differences between  the A and B versions.  A lot of improvements.  Some are in
the RF path but control, servo, power supplies, and MDAs appear to have
been  improved.

Chris Hill
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!