[QuadList] Microwave and early TV (was History - what is the REAL story-

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Wed Apr 29 10:14:58 CDT 2009

Satellite transmission rates depend on quantity discounts. ABC, for
instance, has several transponders booked full-time. If I want to go
up and do a test, it costs nothing since they already have the
transponder booked.

Casual, one-time use, will be around $750 an hour (YMMV). Also, you
have charges that depend on how much bandwidth you use. A 3 MB/sec SD
news feed costs less than a 45 MB/sec. HD backhaul. Some birds are
both C-band and Ku-band, analog and digital. For ESPN on ABC College
football, we usually use an HD uplink but we have also used VyVx fiber.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747