[QuadList] M-format anyone?

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Thu Apr 30 14:10:29 CDT 2009

  I worked in the M-Format when I was a Technical Producer at the
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC.
We had 2 Recam field Units (2x AU100) and 3 studio decks (AU-300B).
I have no idea what they may have done with them, although UBC does
have a sort of a surplus machinery repository similar to the
warehouse featured at the end of the first Indiana Jones' movie.

I did manage to equip them with a fairly complete engineering/
maintenance package -- alignment tapes, jigs, tolerance gauges, that
sort of thing -- but it could all be at the bottom of the Burns' Bog
AFAIK.  Or still at the Media Services department.  With those UMatics.

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4