[QuadList] Question about PAL-M Quad players

millard schisler mschisler at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:18:26 CDT 2009

Hello to all,

I am new to the list. I have spoken with Ted a few times and he has been very helpful.

I work as the Preservation Director of the Cinemateca Brasileira (Brazilian Film Archives).

We have a few thousand reels of 2 inch tape from early brazilian television that we need to migrate. We know that the tapes are all PAL-M, which is the early format of brazilian TV (now all is NTSC). I did see a Quad machine in the States, but it was NTSC.

Does anyone know of a machine that we could purchase in the States that would play PAL-M tapes?

I have someone that can work and fix machines, so even if it is not working, this person might be able to fix it.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks much,

Millard Schisler

Coordenador de Preservação