[QuadList] Intersync and Lock Up

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Mon Aug 24 08:37:35 CDT 2009

I can definitely concur with Chris about RCA 3.58 stability.  What the
servo has in stability, especially with temperature, the subcarrier and
burst processing do not.
Even these 70Cs, need a good 20-30 minute warm up to get reasonably
stable with system and chroma phase.  Fortunately, for how I use it,
overall system phase isn't critical.
I remember seldom having to fool around with burst/chroma phase on the
1200/2000s, and that was a good thing, as I think it was a black
variable inductor in the back right corner of the proc amp.  Xcelite
green to the rescue yet again.  Is that right?  It's been a long time.
I guess that's the reason RCA put a big "chroma phase" knob on the play
control panel!
Great discussion...and memories here.
Guy