[QuadList] Andy Williams (was Question about PAL-M Quad players)

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Fri Aug 28 15:57:50 CDT 2009

David

The older tapes did not have backing problems I agree

It was the newer ones that produced the better signal to noise

Memorex early chroma 90 was Ok then it got better and better at signal to noise and then hit the white powder

Scotch 400 was ok then they developed the better signal to noise tape the 420 and hit the same problem

Ok on the operators some need shooting

Same for editors that left the guide in auto

Or did not track the tape up when insert editing

It was a mine field and as you say experience steer us as we sort the problems one by one

Trevor Brown