[QuadList] Pre-WAR BBC HD!-Ping Maurice

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Aug 29 18:06:24 CDT 2009

And another interesting tidbit:  Maurice Schecter is a member of the
group, and is the CE at DuArt in NYC:

One of the respondents was Maurice Schecheter, who worked in a New
York television studio. He had a collection of television material and
among it was one of the RCA recordings on 16mm film.

"He cleaned it up digitally and transferred it to a video cassette for
me," Mr Emmerson said. "I was astounded. This was the oldest and
probably the only example of live high-definition television from the
pre-war period."

Perhaps he'll pop in with some details about how he came to have this
in his collection.

Ted

On Aug 29, 2009, at 2:59 PM, W4wj at aol.com wrote:

> Hello everyone...
>
> This is a little bit off topic, but certainly an interesting part of
> TV history!!
>
> Enjoy...
>
> http://www.apts.org.uk/recording.htm
>

> Don Murray W4WJ
> Fredericksburg, TX
>
> Retired from 40 years in Miami Television
> 35+ years @ WTVJ NBC O&O

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com